- Master of Clinical Social Work, New York University
- Certification in Family Therapy, New Jersey Institute of Family Therapy
- Certification in Divorce Mediation, New York Center for Divorce Mediation
- Certification in Collaborative Divorce, Piff/Tomaro Professional Center for Interdisciplinary Collaborative Divorce
- Member NASW, National Association of Social Workers
- Member NJCLG, New Jersey Collaborative Law Group
- Member NJCCDM, New Jersey Center for Collaborative Divorce and Mediation
- Member IACP, International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- I am a licensed clinical social worker in the State of New Jersey.
- I have over twenty years of experience in private clinical practice in Maplewood.
- My practice addresses the needs of individuals, couples, and families – including post-divorce families.
- I help individual clients connect with their strengths and avoid self-sabotaging behavior that keeps them from their goals.
- I help couples evaluate and improve their marriages, including working in the areas of communication, intimacy, and parenting.
I am certified in divorce mediation, family mediation, and collaborative divorce. I am experienced in working with couples who are contemplating separation, separating and divorcing, and those involved in post-divorce issues and reconstituted families (step-families, blended families, reunified families).
I work with individuals who are experiencing:
- stress, anxiety or depression
- health challenges or addictions
- family or employment challenges
- major life transitions, including separation and divorce
- grief over a significant loss
I work with couples who are interested in:
- improving their marriages
- healing from affairs, betrayals, or other marital disconnects
- assessing the viability of their marriages (marital discernment therapy) before contemplating separation or divorce
- separating or divorcing
I work with multi-generational families who are:
- experiencing disconnects or estrangements
- healing from past angers, or current rifts
- restructuring after divorce
I am a practical and energetic problem solver who can help you develop goals, clarify your thinking, understand your options, and avoid negative or unhealthy behavioral patterns that may have historically prevented you from experiencing a more satisfying or meaningful life. I will work to re-connect you with your inner strength and your capacity for change.
I am trained as a systems thinker, which means I can help you look back at your family of origin to assess and confront barriers of perception and behavior that interfere with your present emotional and mental well-being.
I am an empathic listener, and interactive dialoguer. I strive to create a warm and caring and safe environment.
I would be happy to talk with you on the phone and answer any questions you might have before you make an appointment. After that, I hope that you will come in to see me, and trust that we will be able to comfortably and productively work together.
I look forward to receiving your call, text, or email.